Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's going to be a good one, I can just feel it. The older I get, the more appreciative I am about a clean slate every new year. I am also learning not to set goals I can't possibly accomplish. I am taking a realistic approach this year so I don't quit because I can't meet up to my lofty expectations. I have simple, practical goals this year that are manageable.
 
I sat in quiet the other day and simply prayed about what I needed to structure and prioritize. I wanted the important "basics" in my life to become every day habits like brushing my teeth, etc. This list is my base list, it encompasses my spiritual life, my family life, and my business life. Some tasks are for ten minutes, and some are for twenty. I printed my list out for every day so I can mark off what gets done. Whatever doesn't get done will move to the next day... this motivates me to just get it done in 20 rather than 40 minutes the next day.
 
 I am so excited about organizing my days rather than winging them. Last year that is how I lived and breathed- I flew by the seat of my pants. Though exciting and spontaneous, life always seemed to beat me.
 
My friend told me something that our Pastor said the other day, "It's time to put structure to your life so you can fulfill God's destiny and purposes in your life." This inspired me to fill my days with structure and purpose rather than chaos and defeat.
 
Define your purpose (i.e. wife, mother, business woman) and then make your list.
 
May this new year be rich for you and your family. May your days be sweet and purposeful.
 
 
Happy New Year!